PAN Aadhar Link Status Check, Process, Charge, Last Date @ www.incometax.gov.in: The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has a Mandatory to link Aadhar Card with a PAN card. In the last year 2022, we are getting notifications and updates to link PAN-Aadhar cards. Initially, the last date for the linkage of Aadhar and PAN cards is 30 March 2022 after that the date was extended to 30 August 2022. Now with the new guidelines, people need to link their Aadhar Card and PAN Card till June 30, 2023, without any fee. From 1st July 2023 Aadhar and PAN cards can be linked but a fee of Rs.1000/- will be applicable. People can go to the official website of E-Filing (Income Tax Department, Government of India) @ www.incometax.gov.in to link their PAN-Aadhar Cards.
PAN Aadhar Link Status Check, Process, Charge, Last Date
As per section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, taxpayers having PAN cards should link it with their Aadhar card. Thus, all taxpayers have to compulsorily link their PAN by paying a fine of Rs.0 along with their Aadhar cards by June 30, 2023, after this date their PAN cards will be deactivated. People have to pay Rs.1000/- to link their PAN with Aadhar cards from 1st July 2023.
The CBDT has given relaxation to some categories to link Aadhar and PAN cards such as NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), 80 or 80 years above citizens and residents of Assam, Meghalaya, and Jammu & Kashmir are not required to link their Aadhar with PAN. Thus, to find out whether your Aadhar is linked to your PAN card or not, check your Aadhar-PAN link status. If it is not linked, make sure to link it by 30 June 2023 to avoid your PAN card from becoming inactive.
Overview PAN Aadhar Linkage
|Subject||PAN and Aadhar Card Linkage|
|Regulating Authority||Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)|
|Old Date without Fee Payment||30 March 2022, 30 August 2022|
|Last Date without Fee Payment||30 June 2023|
|Last Date with Fee payment||To be Notified|
Direct Link to Check the PAN-Aadhar Linkage status
To check the Aadhar Card and PAN Card link status we are mentioning the direct link on our page to save your time and effort to find the right link. Here is the following direct link:https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/link-aadhaar-status. People need to enter their Aadhar Card and PAN Card number in the required fields to check the status.
PAN-Aadhar Card Linkage Fee
Till 30 June 2023, the PAN-Aadhar linkage is free. If people linked their Aadhar to their PAN, there will be no charges imposed. However, after June 30, 2023, there is a penalty of Rs.1000 will be applicable to PAN-Aadhar linkage on 1 July 2023 onwards. From July 1, 2023, the PAN cards will become inoperative.
PAN Aadhar Link Status Important points
While linking Aadhar and PAN Cards applicants need to keep the below-mentioned important points in mind to avoid any inconvenience.
- If anyone’s PAN Card or Aadhar Card linking is not completed by 30 June 2023, the PAN card will be marked as a non-valid or inoperative document effective from 1 July 2023.
- If any Taxpayers who have been allotted a PAN Card from 1 July 2023 onwards, are not free from linking have to pay the non-refundable fee of Rs.1000/- to submit the PAN- Aadhar Linkage Request.
- Consequences of deactivation of PAN will not apply to persons who are exempted from linking of PAN-Aadhar.
- As per the CBDT’s circular F. No. 370142/14/2022-TPL released on March 28, 2023, the person who has failed to intimate the Aadhar number as per section 139AA of the Act. Income Tax Act, 1961 (the Act) read with Rule 114AAA would face the consequences of deactivation of PAN.
- Please ensure that the fee is paid in a single challan under Minor Head 500 – Other Receipts (500) and Major Head 0021 [Income Tax (Other than Companies)].
Exempted categories of PAN Aadhar Linkage
In the below-mentioned categories person is free from PAN and Aadhar Linkage.
- Non-Indian Citizen
- If a person is 80 years or above
- If Assam, Meghalaya, or Jammu and Kashmir is the State of residence
Note: Refer to notification number 37/2017 dated 11 May 2017 of the Department of Revenue.
The status reflects on both Conditions
- If an Aadhar card and PAN are linked the following message will pop up on the computer screen, ‘Your PAN AXXXXXX is already linked to given Aadhar 6XXXXXXXX’
- If an Aadhar card and PAN are not linked the following message will pop up on the computer screen, ‘PAN not linked with Aadhar. Please click on “Link Aadhar” link to link your Aadhar with PAN.
Steps to Check Link Aadhar Status
If any person wants to check the status of their Aadhar or PAN Card Link, they must follow the below steps to check their status:
- Go to the official website of the Income Tax E-filing portal, www.incometax.gov.in.
- Now look at the option ‘Verify Your PAN’ at the left above on the homepage and click on it.
- Now enter your Aadhar Card number and PAN Card number.
- After entering your required details click on ‘View Link Aadhar Status’.
- Your link Status will reflect on the same screen in the form of a Pop-Up.
Link your Aadhar Card with your PAN Card
If a person found that their Aadhar and PAN Card are not linked so they follow the below-mentioned steps to link their Aadhar and PAN Card:
- First, visit the official portal of the Income Tax E-filing portal @ www.incometax.gov.in
- Now look at the option ‘Link Aadhar’ at the left above on the homepage and click on it.
- Now Read the information & conditions carefully before processing further.
- After that enter your PAN & Aadhar Card Number in the required fields.
- Afterward, click on ‘Validate’.
- A message related to the validation will be displayed on the screen.
- In the next step, you will be redirected to the new page for verification.
- Complete the verification process.
- At last, your Aadhar link status will be reflected on, the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the date to link your Aadhar Card with your PAN Card?
30 June 2023 is the last to link Aadhar Card with PAN Card.
Is there any fee need to pay to link my PAN card and Aadhar Card?
Yes, Candidates need to pay a fee of Rs.1000 from 1 July 2023 to link their Aadhar Card with their PAN.
From which portal a person can link their PAN and Aadhar card?
A person needs to visit the official website of the Income Tax E-filing [email protected].